Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Gathering of the white hairs

February 29th 2016:

How do you find Spider-Man?
Search the web.

Do you believe in coincidences? I sure don't. Friday was a day full of tracting, and it was a tad bit chilly. We taught a couple of lessons, but not too much came out of them. Sister Morgan and I were really excited because that night we were going to watch the restoration at the church with the other missionaries in our ward, their investigator just completed the stop smoking program so they threw him a party. Our investigator Gabby was suppose to come, but she never showed up. So we left because it wasn't productive for us to be there, we both were kind of sad because we had been so excited and looked forward to it all week. Sister Morgan and I prayed to know where to go, and sis M felt prompted to walk down 4th St. So we headed to 4th street, keep in mind it's dark and cold. We prayed with a couple of people, but they walked away right when we ended the prayer. We were about to cross the street, but then we saw someone pushing a stroller. We went over to talk to her, and in my mind I'm thinking "oh she is totally the one!". Right when we end the prayer she tells us how she has wanted to go to a different church, and how crazy it is that we ran into her, because she was just thinking about that today. She asked a lot of questions, and I told her we could walk to the church and give her a tour. I was a little shocked when she actually said yes! We walked about ten blocks to the church, and while we walked we taught her the restoration! Talk about killing two birds with one stone;) When we do what the Lord asks us to, he blesses us. I'll be honest I did not want to go street contacting, because it was cold and dark, and the only people on the street at that time are drunk homeless people. But we went anyway, and the Lord put someone in our path!!

The Elders had a baptism this week, which just so happened to be on the same day a year ago that my sister Naomi was baptized. It reminded me of the sweet tender spirit that was felt at her baptism. The spirit is an awesome feeling! As I was sitting their pondering the gift of the Holy Ghost, and what the Holy Ghost has done for me, I could just feel my testimony strengthen and my conversion deepen. I KNOW this church is true. I know it with all my heart! I have the gift of the Holy Ghost, and as I have kept my promises I made at baptism, God has kept his. I challenge you all to ponder what the Holy Ghost has done for you in your life, and if you don't have the Holy Ghost. Email me, I can fix that. ;)

This week we went to the festival of praise at the Presbyterian  church, and Mack Wilberg (Mormon tabernacle choir director) conducted a choir made up of neighboring church's. It was really cool to go to a different church and see the inside, and gather together to celebrate the common belief of our Savior and Redeemer. It was a really neat experience :) Thanks to Sister Smith for providing my caption of the week, there were a lot of more experienced people at the festival of praise. The chapel was dotted with white heads :D it was great.

We went to Stephanie's play!

My pals!

The one and only Mack Willberg!

Why did the turtle cross the road?

Sister J


No comments:

Post a Comment