Monday, February 1, 2016

Are You Picking Up The Phone?

January 25th 2016:

What do you get when you cross a legendary water creature with a criminal? 
The Loch Ness "mobster". 
Well this last week was crazy, crazy and some more crazy. But that's a mission :) I pretty much came to the conclusion, that on a mission is really the only time you can even some what experience Christ like love. You grow such a deep love for those you meet and teach. You love them and you just want to throw them into the baptismal font! Thank goodness that Stephanie is pretty much throwing herself in. She is one inspiring 16 year old! Whenever we teach her something you can just tell it clicks in her head and she know it's true. She tells us that it just makes sense, and it does! The gospel truly makes sense. Her baptism is coming closer and closer and I can't even wait! It will be the best birthday present ever! 
Prayer is the worlds best phone company. It's free, it's wireless, and you always have service! Now who doesn't want that?! During my studies I was reading about prayer, and the thought came to my mind that prayer is like a phone, and whenever we call he answers. I thought a little deeper, do we call him or does he call us? He calls us!  In fact he is ALWAYS calling, and the battery never dies! But are we answering? We are His kids, and like any Father he wants to hear from us, in fact he is just waiting for us to talk to him. Here is a poem about prayer that really just sums it all up: 
 I know not by what methods rare, But this I know, God answers prayer. I know that He  has given His Word, Which tells me prayer is always heard, And will be answered, soon or late. And so I pray and calmly wait. I know not if the blessing sought Will come in just the way I thought; But leave my prayers with Him alone, Whose will is wiser than my own, Assured that He will grant my quest, Or send some answer far more blest.
On Wednesday we had the opportunity to gather as a whole mission to watch a worldwide missionary broadcast. All 75,000 missionaries got to watch it! We heard  from several leaders who are apart of the missionary department, including Elder Bednar and Elder Oaks. And let me just tell you it was AMAZING! I came prepared to the broadcast and got exactly what I was needing. I came with a question, and sure enough my question was answered! It made me think back to sacrament meeting before my mission, I'll be honest I thought it was pretty boring. And on my mission I have come to understand the importance of coming prepared to meetings, so I can get out of it what the Lord needs me to. I challenge you to come to sacrament meeting with a question, and I pinky promise it will be answered! :)



Shrimp, Shrimp, and more Shrimp!



A spanishfork friend!! 

Sister J

No comments:

Post a Comment