Sunday, November 29, 2015

Get out of the hole instead of making it deeper.

November 16th 2015:

What did one volcano say to the other volcano? 
I lava you! 
Awe wasn't that sweet? 

Get out of the hole instead of making it deeper. The caption of the week has been brought to you by Sister Morgan. I love this! Life is hard, but sometimes we make it a lot harder than it needs to be. We just need to stop throwing ourselves a pity party, grow up and do something about it. My brother Josh is the perfect example of getting out of the hole instead of making it deeper, so shout out to him! I love you Josh! 

What a week. This week has just flown by! Sister Morgan and I are teaching a lot of people on the streets and at doors, but no one seems to be sticking. Which kind of stinks, but I just have to remind myself that we are just in the planting part of missionary work. Nothing is going to grow if you don't plant, I tell myself that often:) 
 
We received a referral a couple weeks ago from someone we had just met on the street. They gave us their friends name and apartment number. They weren't 100% sure if it was the right number, but they said we could try. Sunday evening we went to contact them. First of all the complex is really confusing, and there are a lot of buildings. We finally found it and no one answered. We knocked the door across from it, and no one answered there either. We were getting ready to leave and someone was getting out of their car, so we decided to wait to see if it was him. To our surprise it was someone from our ward, and even more to our surprise it was her apartment that the referral supposedly lived. We told her what happen, and asked if we could share a short 15 minute message with her. She said we could, and it was very clear that she has been going through a lot and needed a message. It definitely wasn't a coincidence! It amazes me the miracles that happen everyday. Gods hand was most definitely in this. I mean what are the odds?! 

On your mission you get to see these miracles every single day. Which just reminds me time and time again, that we have a Father in Heaven that loves us so much! He knows exactly
what we need and when we need it. 



Sister J 

No comments:

Post a Comment