Monday, June 22, 2015

Let Go and Let God

June 22 2015

I am sorry I didn't send an email last week, believe it or not they are kind of annoying to send. But, I love you all so I will continue to write them. This last week was really good, we actually had some lessons! It was a nice little break from knocking on doors. It is really starting to get hot here. When I first got here everyone would say, "Just you wait! It is not even hot!" Now I know what they are talking about. Lets just say I burn lots and lots of calories. Sometimes I want to knock on someones door and say, "Hi I am Sister Sweatsalot and I am from Frizzville" The humidity makes my hair look beautiful! I pretty much look like I have a fro, my hair gets so frizzy. Anyways, now I am just rambling. 
  This last week in my studies I was reading in 2 Nephi 31 when Jesus Christ is baptized. Something that really stuck out to me was the fact that he didn't need to be baptized, and there are several reasons why he didn't, but one in particular really stood out to me. "Witness unto the Father that he would be obedient unto him in keeping his commandments." He didn't need to be baptized, it didn't apply to him. But, because He loves our Father he did it! In the tropical guide it says that obedience is walking with the Father. I know we all have the desire to walk with the Father, In order to walk with Him. We have to obey the commandments he gave us. Sometimes we pick and choose the commandments we want to follow, because we don't think they all apply to us. That is not the case, we need to follow ALL of them, they ALL apply to us, every single one of them!! God is all knowing he has a purpose to everything he asks of us. 
 So Sister Sutton and I knocked on this old guys house. He opened the door and said" Now which one of you is the most attractive one?" we started laughing pretty hard, he then said " I know what your name is, your initials are G.B, Giggle Bottoms."  He was the cutest old man! Unfortunately he was not interested, but we got a good laugh out of it! 
 Well Folks I love you all, and I know that God loves each and everyone of you! I hope you have a fabulous week!
P.S. HAPPY FATHERS DAY! Also, Happy birthday to my brother Samuel!

Sister J

I stole this headband from Erica.. so Erica if you are wondering where it went.. sorry..

Typical

No comments:

Post a Comment