Monday, April 25, 2016

G.R.I.T.S - Girls Raised In The South

April 25th 2016:

Hello family and friends! 
What insect goes well with jelly?
A peanut butterfly. 
I'm still alive! Mulberry is treating me well! Sister Morgan and I have been trying to get to know the members and our area. We got our relief society president to send us a southern word of the day, that way I can sound southern when I get home! This week I learned G.R.I.T.S. (My caption of the week)  My dream is to be southern- it's a work in progress. We have been doing lots and lots of finding :) We are on a hunt for the elect here in Mulberry. 

D&C 8:2-3
2 Yea, behold, I will tell you in your mind and in your heart, by the Holy Ghost, which shall come upon you and which shall dwell in your heart.
3 Now, behold, this is the spirit of revelation; behold, this is the spirit by which Moses brought the children of Israel through the Red Sea on dry ground. I have been thinking a lot about this scripture lately, and how I've seen it happen in my life, and more specifically on my mission. I can think of times where random ideas have come to my mind, and then I feel peace with it. I have come to learn that personal revelation comes when our hearts and minds match, they feel the same! But we aren't going to receive revelation if we aren't willing to act on it, we have to do our part! Robert D Hales talked about this very same thing in this last conference he said; "The Holy Ghost provides personal revelation to help us make major life decisions about such things as education, missions, careers, marriage, children, where we will live with our families, and so on. In these matters, Heavenly Father expects us to use our agency, study the situation out in our minds according to gospel principles, and bring a decision to Him in prayer." God wants to direct our paths, he wants us to make him a part of decisions we have to  make, so go to him in prayer! He will direct you! 

Sunday night we went and taught the restoration to a family in the Ward, we talked about the priesthood, we asked them what miracles have they seen in their lives from it. As they listed several miracles, I couldn't but help think of some miracles I have seen in my life. I can't deny the priesthood and the power that it is. I am so grateful that I have a worthy dad and brothers who hold the priesthood authority of God. I know that the priesthood is Gods authority, and that it was through Joseph Smith that we have it on the earth in these latter days. 

I hope y'all have an awesome week! I know I will, because I'm a missionary and life is pretty awesome here in Florida.  

We went to an ROTC competition. It was so cool!

We made dolls for a relief society activity.

We found a banana plant!!

You know you want the gospel!

Sister J

No comments:

Post a Comment