Saturday, July 16, 2016

Looking Beyond The Mark

May 2nd 2016:

What insect goes well with jelly? 
A peanut butterfly. 

Things are warming up here in Mulberry, we have done a lot of finding and haven't found much. But we haven't lost hope! They are out there, our job is to find them. 
  14 But behold, the Jews were a stiffnecked people; and they despised the words of plainness, and killed the prophets, and sought for things that they could not understand. Wherefore, because of their blindness, which blindness came by looking beyond the mark, they must needs fall; for God hath taken away his plainness from them, and delivered unto them many things which they cannot understand, because they desired it. And because they desired it God hath done it, that they may stumble.
  I was reading this scriptures this morning, and it really hit me. When we look too far, further than we are ready it can do more harm than good. The gospel is simple, it's meant to stay simple, and when we get lost is deep doctrine we will stumble, because that is the Lord softening our hearts and reminding us of the simplicity of the Gospel. You have a Father in Heaven that loves you! You have an older brother who died for you! Don't let it get more complicated than this. I know this gospel is simple and true. I know that no matter what wrongs we have done, they can be completely wiped clean because of our Saviors Atonement. 

I love you all and I hope you have a good week!:) 

1. Thank you to my amazing ward at home! I needed that package and it came at the perfect time! It really means a lot to me. Thanks again! 


Sister Judkins

No comments:

Post a Comment