Saturday, July 16, 2016

Gladys Knight

May 23rd 2016:

Hello Family and Friends, 
 What does Tinkerbell sit on?
Her fairy tail. 

Well transfers came and went and I got the boot once again. I am currently in Sarasota, and the exact location so y'all can write me letters is 3259 Huntington Place Dr. Sarasota, FL. I am in a trio companionship with Sister Shirley from Alaska, and Sister Clement from California. It was really hard saying bye to Sister Morgan, I love that women!  These last couple of weeks have been interesting to say the least. I'm sorry that I am awful at sending weekly emails, I am still alive don't worry. We had interviews with President Cusick and I got my return date, I leave the land of bugs and humidity on August 9th. It freaks me out how fast my mission has flown by. You know what they say, time flies when you are having fun. ;) it's been hard, but fun! 

I want you all to know that I know that this is The Gospel of Jesus Christ, restored through the prophet Jospeh Smith. I thought I knew my Savior before I came on my mission, and I didn't come to truly know him until I served him. I wouldn't have gotten this anywhere else. One thing I have been working on and studying is prayer. I have no idea where I would be without it! It truly is a direct connection with our Heavenly Father and it has taken me time to feel that way, and there are times I still feel like I'm praying to a wall. But the more sincere I am, the more I feel him listening. In Preach My Gospel it says "Effective prayer requires great effort." The more effort you put into it, the more you'll get out of it. Just like anything else you do! I know prayer works! When we faithfully do it, it will produce the miracles we need! 

We had the coolest missionary event EVER! First of all did you know Gladys Knight is a Mormon? She is, and she came to FLORIDA! She directs a Grammy award winning choir called the saints unified voices. They travel around and perform gospel music, they came to Tampa for a fireside. There was a catch though, in order to go you had to bring a non-member friend. Her and her choir performed, and she shared her testimony of our Savior Jesus Christ and her conversion story. Everyone was given a chance to fill out a card requesting missionaries to come deliver a Saints Unified Voices CD, a Book of Mormon, and a restoration video. At the fireside they had the day before they received around 350 requests for missionaries. You could not deny the spirit that was felt there, there were people in tears. Definitely a moment I won't forget. 

I hope y'all have a splendid week. DON'T FORGET TO WRITE ME A LETTER :) I mean....please write me a letter. :) and just in case you forgot my address already it's:



Sister J

No comments:

Post a Comment