Thursday, August 20, 2015

I'm all prayed up.

August 10th 2015

Who in the world is all "Prayed up"?! Yes, that is an excuse we got this week. People can be a little ridiculous. This is when I like to say, excuses are like arm pits, everyone has them and they ALL STINK!
  
Before I get started: What is sweet, round, and deadly?

A tae-kwon do-nut.
  
This week was busy and crazy, just like every week in the mission field. I am almost half way through this transfer, time goes by way to fast here. There is so much that I want to do in this area. Transfers are great motivation in making every day count.
  
This last week we knocked on a guy’s door that met with missionaries and was given a book of Mormon a couple years ago. We are really excited to teach him, he has a true desire to learn more, and those are my favorite people to teach. One thing that can be kind of hard with missionary work is that a lot of the time you don’t see the fruit of your labor. You plant a lot of seeds in hopes that one day they will get in contact with missionaries again. This is a perfect example of someone planting a good seed! The missionaries that taught him a couple of years ago, will probably never find out he is taking the lessons again. They might not even know that they planted a really good seed. Sometimes I have to remind myself this! That even if they don't want to hear the gospel, or they are all prayed up, we planted a seed. And they will always remember the Mormon missionaries. The missionaries in my last area keep telling me that Sister Sutton and I planted a lot of seeds, everyone they talked to says, " Oh we talked to the two blonde missionaries and we watched "Because He Lives"." And they were able to get a couple of lessons out of them! When I heard this it made me really happy!

This last week I followed my father’s advice and thought about my testimony and how it started and how it has grown. This last week I focused on The Book of Mormon, and how I grew to know that it is true. I can't think of an exact time where I had angels come down from heaven and proclaim the truth of The Book of Mormon. As a matter of fact I don't think many of you have had that experience either. As I think back, I have always known it was true. I know it is true from the feelings that I get when I read. The B of M truly is a powerful book; it has brought me so much peace and comfort in my life. There have been plenty of times where I have read it and didn’t understand any of it, or it went in one ear and out the other. But, it is the effort. If you put that effort in, you will get something out of it. Maybe you won’t realize a difference right away, but it will come over time. You will notice the spirit more in your life. And who doesn’t want the spirit? The spirit it was carries the message into your heart, and when you read the book of Mormon the spirit comes. I know the Book of Mormon is true! I love that book so much! Sometimes I just want to stand on a bench and proclaim the love I have for the book of Mormon, but I don't so I just do it at the doorstep instead. :)

 Well friend I love you all.
Sister J


No comments:

Post a Comment