Monday, August 31, 2015

Embrace the grind

August 31st 2015

What do frogs eat with their hamburgers? 
French "flies".

I haven't taught Sister De Jesus much English, but this last week I taught her how to say Sponge bob. unfortunately she had no idea what I was talking about. I had to go to desperate measures- draw a picture of spongebob. Thankfully she was able to figured it out from my poor attempt at drawing, Apparently in Portuguese its; Bob Sponge. I bet you didn't know that! 

I don't even know where to start with this week. We have done sooo much! We beat our record of lessons in a week! We have been teaching so much. I have been blessed with a chance to watch people change, and it is all because of The Book of Mormon! 

One of the lessons we had this week was at the recreational center, our investigator was running late, which gave us some time to explore a little bit. We just happen to find a PET CEMETERY! This would only happen in Florida, everyone has a pet! I mean everyone! It is insane, so I guess it makes sense that they would have a cemetery for all the billions and billions of pets in Florida. I found the definition of a cat lady, well in this case a cat man. There was a guy buried with all 6 of his cats! Yes, you read that right. It was quite the adventure. Oh Florida.....

Well folks I am sad to say I am getting transferred. This would be the reason for my caption of the week; Embrace the grind. Thanks you dad for giving it to me!  I would be lying if I said I wasn't slightly mad! I am not done in this area!! I am sorry to end on a sad note, but I wont lie weekly emails aren't my favorite to write! So I will send more pictures, because pictures are worth a thousand words. 

I love you all! 

Ps. If you are writing me a letter hold off, until I can  send my new address. 





1. the pet cemetery

2. We surprised a family with a delivery from the bishop storehouse. it was one of the most humbling experiences ever.

3. Nail party

4. Cat Man

No comments:

Post a Comment