Monday, October 26, 2015

Widowville.

October 26th 2015

Why was the ice cream lonely? 
Because the Banana split. 

This last week has been crazy. There are a lot of more experienced people in my area. ;) like a lot, My ward is full of them! And I love it so much. This last week we went and helped at an event at a retirement community. You have to be over 55 to live there. You know on movies where they have bingo night? Well it is a real thing! They most definitely have bingo night! We helped out with their raffle drawing and we played cards with all of them. I learned two things that day. 1. I am allergic to cats. 2. I am awful at card games. Sister Morgan and I sat by this sweet lady named Hazel. She kept telling us she felt like she lived in Widowville. I guess she kind of did. :(

Our mission has been really making a focus on teaching simply but powerfully. We have been teaching the restoration in 4 minutes. At first I didn't really like it, I felt like a robot missionary. But let me just tell you,that spirit that is there when you teach the Restoration is so strong! One of my absolute favorite things to do is give the first vision. The spirit is incredible. We have been going into members homes and teaching the restoration, and it has been a very inspiring experience. This truly has taught me how simple this gospel really is, just like president Uchtdorf taught at general conference. 

I hope you all have a good week! 

Hazel

My future



Sister J 

No comments:

Post a Comment